Best Milk LA’s Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
These oatmeal chia cookies are delicious, high in fiber, easy to make and can be enjoyed while nursing a baby. Many women report an increase in milk production on days they consume oats, though this is not scientifically proven. Regardless, enjoy these cookies as a treat or snack!
1 ¼ C. old fashioned rolled oats
1 ½ C. All purpose flour (substitute oat or almond flour for gluten-free option)
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
2 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
5 tbsp. coconut oil melted and cooled
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together.
3. In a separate bowl mix eggs, applesauce, vanilla, maple syrup and cooled coconut oil until well combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Scoop the dough with a tablespoon size spoon on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 16 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack until firm.
7. Cookies can be frozen until ready to eat. Defrost at room temperature or microwave for 30 seconds. Enjoy!
Tag us @BestMilkLA so we can see your cookies!